Sunday, April 24, 2011


Reference:
Tougher teeth coming. (1967, Aug, 4). From: Time Magazine http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,837175-1,00.html


Summary:


This article discuses the tougher teeth coming. Many people in United States suffer from teeth problems. It boils down to this: people are careless about their teeth, so if they use a toothbrush or the mouthwash they will protect their teeth from the bacteria. Researchers show that water fluoridation is not as useful to protect the teeth from a decay as they thought, but they found a new different way to protect the teeth, which is using a piece of plastic to cover the teeth and save them from the Bacteria. In addition there are some researchers who suggested another idea to keep the teeth saved without any decay. In the end the technology is helping the dentist by providing them a new material that is going to help them in future to deal with the patients. 

Reaction:

I was happy when I read this article because my major is dentistry, so this article helped me a little bit to understand some new words that I should know in my major. First, the author mentions some good points. For example that people should be aware about their teeth and should brush them every day; also he said that water fluoridation is not really helpful to save the teeth. But I think fluoridation is very helpful because it makes the teeth safe and protect them for a long time. In addition, the author did not explain how the thin plastic can save our teeth; do you think there are no influences of using the plastic, especially when we eat? It comes down to this; our teeth are sensitive. So it is difficult to eat something when you have plastic in your teeth. Also I think some people will use the fluoridation instead of covering their teeth with plastic because the fluoridation is cheap and it does not take time to use it. In the end, I believe that there were some good points that I like, and I enjoyed to reading them, but I hoped the author would explain more about the plastic coving for the teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment